SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA, (APRIL 5, 2016)
– Equinox, the high performance lifestyle leader, today announced the opening of Equinox La Costa in Carlsbad, California.
Located along the iconic Pacific Coast of North San Diego at 7710 El Camino Real, the 30,000 square-foot club combines the unparalleled service and facilities that Equinox offers at each of its 80 global locations with a Spanish design aesthetic unique to the region.
“Equinox La Costa, our 20th club in Southern California, was conceived from the ground up to serve as a new community hub in an already vibrant area,” said John Klein, Senior Vice President, Real Estate for Equinox. “Whether members join us to experience world-class fitness, a spa retreat or a juice, the expansive, open space is a true haven for high performance living.”
“Equinox La Costa was thoughtfully designed to complement the area’s existing architecture, featuring details such as a dramatic skylight and massive windows that offer uninterrupted vistas of Batiquitos Lagoon, the nearby nature preserve,” said Aaron Richter, Vice President of Design for Equinox. “The centerpiece main fitness studio boasts a dramatic saw tooth ceiling and geometries of concrete and white tile, setting the stage for an unmatched member experience.”
In addition to the main group fitness studio, Equinox La Costa features four additional group fitness spaces, including a barre studio, a yoga studio, a Pilates studio and a cycling studio equipped to offer The Pursuit by Equinox, a new immersive and highly competitive cycling class.
Acclaimed Equinox group fitness instructors will lead a full range of yoga, cycling and innovative group fitness class offerings, such as The Cut, a cardio-forward boxing class set to the beat of the music, The Pursuit by Equinox, MetCon3, Tabata and Gold Barre, a new barre format inspired by Tara Lipinski.
Acclaimed instructors, selected for their diverse areas of expertise and proven track records in the San Diego community, will lead Equinox La Costa group fitness programming. The talented team includes:
• Yoga: Stacy McCarthy, founder of Namastacy and yoga teacher trainer with 25-year tenure in the industry, will teach yoga
• Yoga: Mike Sherbakov, founder of the Optimal Wellness Academy and fitness educator to professional athletes and corporate clients
• Yoga: Andre Houle, notable figure in local yoga community with 25 years experience and background in exercise physiology
• Cycling: Pete McCall, recent winner of the SCW Award, renowned fitness author for IDEA, PTA Global, ACE and more
• Cycling, Barre: Hannah Sansone, fitness coach, licensed nutritionist, CPT, writer and group fitness instructor
• Barre: Lori Allen, fitness entrepreneur, local leader overseeing fitness for youth and social programs in the community
Equinox’s cardio and strength training areas unite free weights and cardio machines to create an inspirational setting where members can work out on their own, or with one of Equinox’s highly skilled personal trainers.
Beyond the fitness floor lies The Spa @Equinox, featuring a menu of offerings to rejuvenate and pamper the body – from deep tissue massages, post-workout sports massages to a full range of facials and body treatments.
Equinox La Costa is also home to a Kids Club, The Shop @Equinox and Beaming café. A lounge was also designed as a gathering place for members to work, hold meetings or socialize, making Equinox La Costa a unique lifestyle destination.
Equinox operates 80 upscale, full-service clubs in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami, Boston, Texas and Washington, DC, as well as international locations in London and Toronto. The company offers an integrated selection of Equinox-branded programs, services and products, including strength and cardio training, studio classes, personal training, spa services and products, apparel and food/juice bars. Since its inception in 1991, Equinox has developed a lifestyle brand that represents service, value, quality, expertise, innovation, attention to detail, market leadership and results.
IT'S NOT FITNESS. IT'S LIFE.