Equinox is moving forward with the COVID19 reopening plan, which comes with ramped up cleaning and sanitation, health checks, limited club capacity, PPE, contactless features, and changes in etiquette.
We have enlisted a task force of medical and infectious disease experts to help strategize our reopening plan during the coronavirus pandemic.
This plan builds upon Equinox's already recognized high standards of health, safety, and cleanliness – and takes them to the highest level. Learn more about The Equinox Standard.
MARCH 17, 2020:
We wanted to provide an update regarding how your membership will be managed while our clubs are closed. Please note:
- Your membership will be put on freeze at no cost as of the day the club closed. No further action is required to freeze. Any existing freezes will be honored as requested.
- If a scheduled session was cancelled due to the club closure you will receive a credit to your account.
- We will extend the expiration date of any unused packages and gift cards.
- Each case is unique and we will be in contact with more specific details soon.
- For any additional questions about your membership, please contact email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
MARCH 16, 2020, 5:00PM EST:
All Equinox club locations and showrooms are temporarily closed.
MARCH 16, 2020, 3:00PM EST:
In accordance with the government mandate and with our community in mind, we will temporarily close the following locations:
- Santa Monica, effective 12PM PST, on Monday, March 16th until March 31st.
- Michigan, effective 3PM EST on Monday, March 16th until further notice.
- Maryland, effective 5PM EST on Monday, March 16th until further notice.
- New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut effective 8PM EST on Monday, March 16th until further notice.
MARCH 16, 2020, 2AM EST:
Under the guidance of Los Angeles City public health officials & requirement of ordinance the following clubs will be closed beginning this morning: Pasadena, Glendale, Encino, Woodland Hills, Marina Del Rey, Century City, Westwood, Hollywood, South Bay, Sports Club Los Angeles, Culver City, Palos Verdes and Miracle Mile.
Under the guidance of Boston public health officials & requirement of ordinance all Boston clubs will be closed beginning tomorrow, 3/17.
MARCH 13, 2020, 8PM EST:
The health and safety of our members, employees and their families as always remains our top priority. As this highly dynamic situation evolves, we continue to monitor and adapt our approach to serve the best interests of our community as new solutions and information become available. With that, our clubs are open and we have been taking extra steps over the past few weeks to keep our community safe, including disinfecting all club areas with an EPA-approved solution three times each day.
We are also taking the following additional precautions within each of our clubs:
Per CDC guidance, group fitness class capacity is being decreased by 50% effective today and we are encouraging members to maintain 6 feet distance between each other at all times (e.g. use every other piece of cardio equipment to create more space for social distancing).
We are recommending members use the club during off-peak hours when possible.
In addition, we ask all members to respect their community by staying home and refraining from entering Equinox clubs if you feel sick or show symptoms of COVID-19. Please also engage in the following practices to help keep you and our other community members healthy and safe:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover any coughs or sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
We will continue to refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other public health agencies to determine the safest course of action for everyone entering our clubs. Please also refer to the following resource for the latest updates:
- US: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- UK: Department of Health and Social Care
- Canada: Public Health Agency of Canada
In addition to following the CDC’s necessary safety precautions, we’ve heard from many of you asking about ways to stay well during these trying times. At Equinox, we have access to many of the most authoritative voices in the fields of health, nutrition and fitness. Our Furthermore editors gathered expert points of view on how to maintain strong immunity and manage stress—here’s a link so you can hear directly from these thought leaders.
If you would like to temporarily freeze your membership, please login and head to your account to set your freeze.